PopTech was incredible once again. It will take me some time to process. Here is a start.
- Managing change was the unspoken theme throughout the four days.
- Acting is easier than deciding.
- The best received speakers combined entertainment with idealism. The worst were ham-handed realists. Go figure....
- We have an apparent grasp of the big problems, but only weak ideas for addressing them.
- The physical layout of the opera house--with the darkened audience facing the well lit stage, felt too much like being alone at home, when I was really surrounded by amazing people.
- As usual, you got 100 extra points for being under thirty. Fifty for looking it. (Something disturbs me about seeing men in their sixties wearing their shirttails out.)
- There are no strangers in the world; only people we have not yet met.